This page summarises how to catch Icefin Bluefish.
About Icefin Bluefish
Usage: Cooking: Poached Bluefish (restores 7500 health over 30 sec, 23 Spell Damage and 20 Spirit for 30 min, requires Level 55).
Vendor Value: 8c.
Auction Value: Poached Bluefish sell for around 90s each.
Catching Icefin Bluefish
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Commentary: Approximately 20% of the catch from open water will be Icefin Bluefish, with no clear difference between higher and lower skill areas. Bluefish Schools contain an overall average of just under 5 Icefin Bluefish per pool. Due to the way pools appear, you may need to fish from all pool types in Nagrand, before fresh Bluefish Schools spawn. Overall, pool fishing will almost always give the greatest number of Icefin Bluefish per hour.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Bluefish School - Inland||380||475||80%||Sample: 234.|
|Open Water - Inland||380||475||22%||Sample: 519.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.